Code 1754... what now?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

billdurham

Code 1754... what now?

Postby billdurham » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:07 am

I was stopped at a traffic light.. my 05 Path SE 4X4 was running normally.. outside ambient was in the mid 90s.. I'm in Texas.. the light changed to green, I pressed on the gas and it kind of stumbled.. the "check engine soon" light came on.. it was really slow accelerating, As all of the possible disaster scenarios went through my head, I realized it was in 2nd gear.. not first. I got stopped by another light, same slow acceleration. I got it home and let it sit over night.. took it to Oreilly to check code and got 1754. The reader said ECM error.. or something to that effect. Googling the code says Input Clutch Solenoid miss function. Says it could be electrical or mechanical. Anybody had any experience with this? It drove fine to Oreilly..

thanks
BD

billdurham

update..

Postby billdurham » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:44 pm

I discovered that my radiator was leaking ATF into the coolant. I don't know when it started, but I think its been fairly recent. So.. I did the mod.. it was pretty easy. It took more time to take off the skid plate than it did to do the mod. Today, I had the coolant system flushed and refilled and also drained and replaced the ATF. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't damaged my tranny.

BD

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Unfortunately once there is water in there, experience with the cases we have seen on the forums says its a matter of time before you have a transmission failure. Fortunately there are a ton of transmission shops out there with lots of experience with this transmission, and I've heard of full rebuilds for under $2k.

Also note that a single transmission drain and fill will only replace about 40% of your transmission fluid. If you did flush, how much fluid did they take out and replace? There is a test you can get to determine if there is still any water in there at all. Its a test strip.

https://nlsproducts.ca/shop/products/au ... est-strips

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”