2006 Pathfinder Timing Chain Tool - WTB

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

CiK

2006 Pathfinder Timing Chain Tool - WTB

Postby CiK » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:18 pm

I have a 2006 Pathfinder. I have had it since 2008. My last trip to the dealer they told me I need the timing chain tensioners replaced. They quoted me $2800. After researching online, I started wondering why they didn't tell me about this problem the 100 other times I had been there before the warranty ran out.

Anyway.......my Pathfinder has 143,000 miles on it. I balked at their price.

Anybody have the flywheel locking tool they would like to sell?

Thanks!

TheHawk!

Kent Moore

Postby TheHawk! » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 am

I have one it’s a Kent more J tool. It’s not necessary by any means I’ve used a pry bar in the flex plate
access hole in the lower bell housing to hold the flexplate while someone breaks the crankshaft pulley bolt loose and then do the same thing once you get the timing cover off to break the cams Sprockets loose. Or you can pull one or both of the valve covers and hold the camshaft themselves as they have flat sides for a wrench to fit on them. Most likely by 140,000 miles the valve covers are starting to leak anyways I would suggest replacing not only the gasket but the valve cover itself as the spark plug tube seals are made into the cover and are leaking by then

TheHawk!

Kent Moore

Postby TheHawk! » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 am

I have one it’s a Kent more J tool. It’s not necessary by any means I’ve used a pry bar in the flex plate
access hole in the lower bell housing to hold the flexplate while someone breaks the crankshaft pulley bolt loose and then do the same thing once you get the timing cover off to break the cams Sprockets loose. Or you can pull one or both of the valve covers and hold the camshaft themselves as they have flat sides for a wrench to fit on them. Most likely by 140,000 miles the valve covers are starting to leak anyways I would suggest replacing not only the gasket but the valve cover itself as the spark plug tube seals are made into the cover and are leaking by then

CiK

Postby CiK » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I finished mine. All done and running well. The tool is for sale to anybody that needs it. Just message me or post here.

Thanks!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:16 pm

All's well that ends well :)

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”