Anyone know where to buy screws ?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

nismopath

Anyone know where to buy screws ?

Postby nismopath » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:11 pm

I am looking for the screws that go into the front fender wells, 0145100841 screw.. I found online for $1-$1.50 but I need about ten, then shopping.. it gets pricey for a handful of screws!
Does anyone know the exact size if I went to Home Depot or found a bulk but on eBay?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:14 pm

They are M5 tap screws, 16MM long. #12 x 5/8" tap screws would be very close. If you only need ten, you might be better off just buying them from your local dealer, as they list for $1.50 each. The newer models use Nissan # 01454-N5061, which are 5.5Mx16 tap screws with a 13MM head, which I would think would work, but I can't 100% guarantee it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6KMD6C/re ... df2b561195

If you have a Lowe's or Home Depot close by, try sorting through the automotive section in the general hardware; I've found a number of bolts and clips that would work on our Nissans that I wouldn't have expected to find there, like WD21 Pathfinder/D21 Hardbody grille fasteners.

weaver

Postby weaver » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 am

As I am always replacing the crap Nissan body/trim screws and bolts, I bought a bunch of different flavors (styles,sizes, grades) in bulk from Zoro Tools and in A2 stainless steel from Albany County Fasteners (keep in mind stainless is usually softer than comparable fasteners, so only use for low-strength needs) AlbanyCountyFasteners.com is an excellent place to learn about sizing, grades, materials and installations. I've been buying from them for many moons. AutoFastenerandClips.com is also a great resource as they have many OEM cross refernce numbers. Very cost effective and no more Mickey-mousing around when one bolt is holding up finishing the job. I use Plano storage trays from Menards to keep all of the Legos organized,easy peasy. Seems like newer Nissan bolts and screws are lower quality than I've experienced in the past, so I upgrade bolt by bolt as I work. Non-OEM are much cheaper too. Just figure out the size, grade and material you need. (I'm speaking of body and trim hardware. I stick with OEM for more critical mechanical systems) Most body and trim bolts I have encountered are M6x1.0mm and M8x1.25mm.flange hex head, hex head with washer,dog point, sheet metal and SEMS screws.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”