The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Radiator flush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetstream87

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Radiator flush Reply with quote

I am leaning on doing a radiator flush over the weekend (if not next since its been pretty hot lately!) Which if I remember correctly the radiator does have a petcock valve to drain, I am going to put some radiator flush fluid a few days before draining. Now will this get the old coolant 100% out since I will be using distilled water for the process and then filling up with HOAT coolant. Any suggestions or preference? Will this process not get the coolant 100% out?
smj999smj

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to get all of the coolant out, especially if you have rear heat. Plus, unless you completely drain the engine block, there will still be some left there, too. Nissan uses long-life coolant (green) and even longer-life coolant (blue) starting in 2010. There is usually no reason to do a complete flush of the system. A drain and fill will replace two gallons of coolant in the system and is sufficient. If you want to stick with OEM coolant, Pentosin is now sold at many major auto parts stores. Pentosin Pentafrost A2 (green) can be mixed 50/50 with distilled water and Pentosin Pentafrost A3 (blue) is sold as "pre-mixed."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: