2001 Rear drum brake self adjuster: I can't find a new one!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Faloopa

2001 Rear drum brake self adjuster: I can't find a new one!

Postby Faloopa » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:08 am

I've got a 2001 Pathfinder and the self adjuster on the passenger rear brake drum is bent, and I can NOT find a replacement. My local part stores can't fdind it in their system, and even online at places like RockAuto.com don't have it for this vehicle. I had a local store order what we thought was correct, but it's the wrong side (threads are reversed), the fork cap is wrong, and it's shorter than the one I took off the vehicle.

For all my research it seems that NO ONE acknowledges that this part exists. I can find it for the 2001 Frontier (the one I ordered that is incorrect) but not the Pathfinder.

I need to get this rig driving again. Does anyone out there know where I can find one? Right (passenger side) drum brake self-adjuster, 2001 Pathfinder SE. Help me Path Forum: you're my only hope.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Other than sourcing a used one from a salvage yard, Nissan is the only source that I know of for a brand new one. It's part # 44201-37G1A and they run about $50 from online sources like Ebay, NissanPartsDeal.com and CourtesyParts.com. About $65 from your local Nissan dealer.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”