The be-all end-all of questions re: adding a CD changer

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

INeverShave

The be-all end-all of questions re: adding a CD changer

Postby INeverShave » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi,

New guy here...Just did my intro post and searched the audio etc. threads back to 2011 without finding a similar question...

I just bought a 2004 SE 2WD. It has a Kenwood single-DIN, and I'd like to go back to a factory CD changer. Just how I roll, yo. The problem is I don't know if it had a changer in the first place, whether it was a Bose system, any of that. It does have speaker grates in the A-pillars, but I can't tell if they work.

I found a website that sells warrantied OEM stereos and the info for a changer is as follows:

Stock#:
B154020529K
Description:
CD Changer
PN2439N RECVR, AM-FM-STEREO-CASS-CD, 6-DISC CHANGER
Fits:
2004 Nissan Pathfinder
receiver, (AM-FM-stereo-cassette-CD), 6 disc changer, SE
Grade:

Condition:
OEM Used
Mileage:
Very Good
Warranty:
1-Year

And so on. So, two questions...
1. Does anyone know if that sounds like it would fit my Pathy? I can PM the VIN to you if that would help.
2. On a forum for another car I own, there's a guy who sells OEM CD changers for that particular make/model (Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable). By any chance does he have a Pathy counterpart here?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
John

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 pm

If you go to NissanPartsDeal.com, you can search parts by VIN and find out the part number of what originally came in your vehicle.

INeverShave

Postby INeverShave » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:41 am

smj999smj wrote:If you go to NissanPartsDeal.com, you can search parts by VIN and find out the part number of what originally came in your vehicle.

Thank you! :D

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”