The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
USB drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackbeagle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: USB drive Reply with quote

I have a 14 Pathfinder SL w/o Navigation. I want to use an external hard drive with my music in it to play through AUx. However it is not working. When i plug it in, nothing happens. It just says check connection on device. I plug it iinto mmy computer and it has no pproblem recognizing it. But when i plug it into USB slot nothing works. Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong?
blackbeagle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that when you plug in an external drive it won't recognize it. But it will with a flash drive. It recognized mine. However you can't control the tunes you can play. You will have to go in the order that your songs are viewed.
JayArras

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a flash drive, not an iPod. The car has no intelligence to control the data on your device.
JOXPATH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: USB NOT WORKING FOR EXTERNAL DRIVE Reply with quote

The electrical current from the USB Jack will Power a Flash/Thumb Drive... but it DOES NOT have sufficient energy to Power the Spinning Disk in an typical External Hard Drive. NEW SSD (SOLID STATE DRIVES) have NO MOVING PARTS to Spin so it is possible that sometime soon in newer model years, the SSD Drives will work as the technology has matured!
JayArras

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: USB NOT WORKING FOR EXTERNAL DRIVE Reply with quote

JOXPATH wrote:
NEW SSD (SOLID STATE DRIVES) have NO MOVING PARTS to Spin so it is possible that sometime soon in newer model years, the SSD Drives will work as the technology has matured!

Let us know when that happens. With the Pathfinder, I wouldn't hold my breath.
vnmgteam1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: OTG Reply with quote

nowerdays OTG is preferred over Pendrive.

DC Motors

AC Motors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: