Airbag light flashes

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

GoliatPath

Airbag light flashes

Postby GoliatPath » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm

hey everyone. I have a 2007 Pathfinder SE. ive searched about the air bag light flashing and ive found the procedure on how to put it in diagnostics mode. I was able to do it and it was giving me 2 blinks after the 3 seconds on and 2 seconds off. according to another thread I found here it means something is wrong with the drivers airbag module. does the module (the drivers airbag) itself need to be changed or could something else be the problem? ive read that the plugs underneath the seats also have something to do with the airbags and its supposed to be yellow plugs but I cant find any yellow plugs underneath the seats.

any help is greatly appreciated

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Blinking is caused by a fault. In my 2005, this usually happens when my wife has to help the kids in the back seat. Too many times on and off the seat sensors causes confusion and the air bag light starts flashing. Usuaully I reset it right aways and it stays off.

Are you saying that if you do the reset, the light just starts flashing again? I would try to get a code reader that can tell you the code through OBD vs trying to read the flashes. My Innova scanner does this, got it on sale for about $120.

t

Return to “R51 Electrical”