Anyone with LED headlights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

nismopath

Anyone with LED headlights

Postby nismopath » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:56 pm

I had purchased some HID lights online and now that one has finally blown I’m looking at other options. I have stock reflector headlamps so the HIDs were nice and white but they blinded people and even though they were only 35watt, they were too bright. I know the LEDs are bright too but has anyone used them in reflector housings? The HIDs were never meant for the reflectors so they threw light like crazy. I’d like to see if anyone has used the LEDs and liked them?

VK56LE

Postby VK56LE » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:55 pm

I did and I'm totally happy, I went with some in my RSTI and replaced HIDs so I did the same with my pathfinder and they are worth it. $35 on amazon. The only thing is that you have to remove the factory ring that locks in the bulbs and the new ones just press in. I haven't had any issues with them vibrating out though.

paradigm

Postby paradigm » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:49 pm

I went with some 9007 LEDs from amazon on my 2010 pathfinder. I have had them in for a few days and have been really happy with the output. I managed to re-use the factory rings; this required me taking off the LED rings and fitting them over, and then re-screwing the LED rings on.

Return to “R51 Electrical”