New V8 R51 owner

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

VK56LE

New V8 R51 owner

Postby VK56LE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 am

New to this forum, originally from Colorado but live in Florida now.

Progressing with family life and needing something to tow with, my wife suggested that I find the Pathfinder that I always wanted. I used to be a Nissan master tech here in Tampa and always wanted an LE V8 R51 but couldn't bring myself to pay $40k for one.

I never realized just how rare these are, I remember PDI-ing a fair amount of them in 2008 when they were released so my dealership must have put in a decent order of them at the time. They are harder to find these days in good shape and when you do find them they are usually pricey.

I ended up finding a 2 owner LE V8 4X4 in the color combination I wanted pretty much loaded but it was in Tennessee. After a couple weeks of questions, tons of pictures and haggling I booked a flight and snagged it just before a two week family trip we had planned.

The mileage is on the high side but it's been very well maintained. Unfortunately I have to fix a couple things but that's to be expected at 161,000 miles. It has the original radiator so I ordered the bypass stuff until I can grab a new radiator and convert to Evan's Coolant. My plan is to restore this this to like new and put it to use. It looks like the community on this forum is pretty close.

[/img]

VK56LE

Postby VK56LE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:54 am

Couple pics after I made it home

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Beautiful!

Thank you so much.

Can you tell us a bit more about your experiences with the V8 powered model?

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”