New member from Peterborough UK

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Mick 37

New member from Peterborough UK

Postby Mick 37 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:05 am

Hi all - I have a 2012 2.5 Tekna diesel, which I've had from new. Love it to bits even with the ongoing problem it has. (Flat battery if I don't start it every day).
It replaced a 25 year old VW camper van. It does everything I want it to, off road and on road, but it is just an unreliable starter. Getting close to giving up with it! Hope I will find an answer on this forum.

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:00 am

Hi there form the UK south.

Mines alot older, T-Spec 2.5.

I noticed on the service history from Glynn Hopkins dealership that the battery was replaced under warranty at the first service due to poor starting.
Dunno if Nissan or the dealer putting cheap batteries in?

Mick 37

Postby Mick 37 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks for reply Graham. after pulling all fuses and putting back in, the voltage is not dropping overnight like it used to. Must have just been a dodgy connection. Early days yet though as I've had this problem reoccur.

We'll see!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Mick 37 wrote:Thanks for reply Graham. after pulling all fuses and putting back in, the voltage is not dropping overnight like it used to. Must have just been a dodgy connection. Early days yet though as I've had this problem reoccur.

We'll see!
It's always a creeping connection or some other weird drain..

One member had the issue for a while until his hid accidentally bumped the radio ,just so, and it turned it off.. it has been somehow stuck in "on".

Not saying thats your issue but just mentioning it as a FYI.

Incidentally. when I buy a vehcile I generally put ina brand new AGM cell battery.
Those not only last longer but dont get destroyd by draining.

A regular acidlead battery is usually done for after 3 "jumps" from empty as the chemistry inside changes.

Until you find the drain maybe an AGM cell battery one size up like a 24F instead of a 35..(not sure if the sizes are same in UK). might have enough "oomph" to get you overnight and not need a jump. :D

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”