need to replace rear wheel bearing

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

DrBeavis

need to replace rear wheel bearing

Postby DrBeavis » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:14 am

2005 SE 4x4
please fee free to place it in the correct subsection in case it is not in the right one.

so my latest visit to the dealership for an oil change results in a diagnosis of a need for a new bearing for one of the rear wheels. granted i will have a second opinion on this matter. nevertheless, i would like to be prepared ahead, so i would like to know what brand should i pursue? i am not looking for anything over the top, but rather for the best bang for the buck. thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am

I recently replaced the rear wheel bearing hub in my 2008 and used Beck-Arnley # 0516345 from Rockauto (about $77+shipping). It was half the price than the ones at the local parts stores and the quality seemed good, plus Beck-Arnley has a good reputation. If money were no object, I probably would have gone with Moog or Timken; Timken makes the OE part for Nissan.

DrBeavis

Postby DrBeavis » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:42 am

i was looking at Moog 541003. glad to see you listed this brand.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 am

Moog and National brands are made by Federal Mogul auto parts and have had a pretty good reputation, although Moog's reputation is built largely on their suspension products (ball joints, tie rods, etc.). Most of the parts you find will likely be made in China, regardless. That doesn't mean it's a poor quality part, but many would rather have parts made in USA. WJB assembles their parts in the USA, but I don't know if all of their parts are sourced from the USA? I've used their "heavy duty" wheel hubs on two occasions and haven't had any problems with them, so far.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”