The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
rusty rear fender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paradigm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: rusty rear fender Reply with quote

My right rear fender is rusting pretty bad. The two inside lips at somepoint got debris between them and started to rust. Common problem with Nissan / Infinitis in general.

The truck is black.

What are your thoughts on using POR-15 gloss back and simply painting over the rust?
Graham W

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id lke to wake up in the morning and slap make-up on my face, but it wont make me look better!! ( mainly cos im an ugly dude, and also im not a girl ! )

But painting over the rust without treating it wont make it pretty, it will just hide the corrosion laying within, which will soon jump out again.

Id personally treat what i could with a premium rust paint and then weld/fill the rest with metal filler or metal.

Or plan be remove and replace.

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar.
BullDozer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here. Typically will see more on right as right has more salt rain from street angle

I have seen different YouTube videos some for some against just painting right over. I think it is better than nothing.

Try to remove tire and softly clean. Maybe air pressure what you can remove. Then spray over. The more time you invest the beyter results
265/75 R16 Cooper AT3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: