05 pathfinder - Cruise Control Set Light Flashing

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

05 pathfinder - Cruise Control Set Light Flashing

Postby disallow » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Hey everyone,

So we just did a road trip this weekend. Winnipeg to Fargo and back, so about 450 miles. As usual, the Pathy did awesome. Averaging 80MPH, I got about 13.5L/100km or 17.5MPG.

On the way home, it was raining the whole time. I also noticed my volt meter was a little higher than it normally is, though it was still in range, and I didn't have any new codes or abnormal operation.

In Grand Forks, I noticed that my Cruise Control 'Set' light started flashing, and I could not set the cruise, so it was in safe mode. I had my code reader along (an Innova 3100j, which also reads transmission and other OEM specific codes) and it showed a couple of codes:

P1550 - Battery Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
C1156 - Speed Wheel Sensor Communication Circuit

Having just changed the alternator a year ago, I was thinking it wasn't that. Kept driving, and when my wife went in to shop at a store, I did the 'Alternator/Battery Test' that my Innova 3100j does. And then the truck just died. No power, no lights, NOTHING! I kinda shit my pants a little.

Popped the hood, and jiggled the battery cables. Whadoyouknow, the negative battery cable was loose on the terminal. And its stretched, so did the old push a nail into it and made it home. I think, before I order the $70 negative ground cable, I will see if I can rebend the terminal ring on the negative cable to get it to attach to the battery terminal.

Once I resolved the cable terminal issue, all of the issues with my cruise control went away. Took 3 stop-start cycles to get rid of the Slip/VDC lights though.

Return to “R51 Electrical”