The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Lifter Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twospeed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Lifter Question Reply with quote

I can't find any information about the lifters on an 06 Pathfinder. Are they hydraulic or solid?
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are solid "bucket tappets."
Twospeed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting noise that sounds like a dry lifter. It's been going on since I've owned the PF. It had 40K miles when I bought it. The noise has always been pretty loud when it's cold out and I used to never hear it when it was warm out. If I let the engine warm up for a few minutes when the weather was cold, then I wouldn't have any problems with it. Now it's got 175K miles on it and the noise doesn't stop whether it's warm or cold outside. It's a light noise after the engine has warmed up but it's still noticeable. Now I've heard about a Variable Induction Air Control System (VIAS) Power Valve Actuator but the noise I have is continuous throughout the RPM range but it does get louder with higher RPMs. The injectors have been replaced as well as coils with OEM parts. The noise didn't change. Should I start looking at the lifters? The oil has always been changed on time with Mobile 1 5-30 and a Mobile 1 filter. I take really good care of the PF. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: