The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Popping noise. Front pass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sf49168

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Popping noise. Front pass Reply with quote

What's going on ? I have a 08 path SE 6cyl. I been hearing from time to time a popping ( kinda like something is stuck, than flies into place ) on the front passenger side. Seems like it does this almost every time I turn into my driveway and the tire hits a small dip/ lip where st meets driveway. Couple people said maybe ball joint ???

Dealership never heard anything ( when I had extended Warrenty )

Any ideas what it could be? Just added new Monroe quick struts in front & Monroe shocks in back. Noise in front still there

Thanks a lot
smj999smj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your front sway bar mount bushings. The original design had the split directly behind the bar, which caused the bar to press through and make a knocking noise against the cross member. New design mount bushing relocated the split in the bushing to prevent this. There's a TSB on the issue. The good news is the bushings from Nissan are relatively cheap.
BullDozer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here especially when slow and turning and slight upgrade

Turned out to be lower control arm. Bushings were toast
265/75 R16 Cooper AT3
underworld1001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to thread jack, but is there a way to test if the control arm bushings are gone? I had a friend tell me to jack up the vehicle and grab the tire from the sides and push in/out on opposite sides (kinda the same motion when walking when your arms move back & forth), to see if there is play. Not sure how accurate that is.
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: