Tire Question 2000 Pathfinder

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

PatsFan

Tire Question 2000 Pathfinder

Postby PatsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi,

I bought a 2000 Pathfinder and I am going to replace my tires real soon.
Stock is 255 but right now they have 225's on. For snow is the smaller tire better?

I live in Mass so Snow and Ice is common all winter.

thanks

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Tire Question 2000 Pathfinder

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm

PatsFan wrote:Hi,

Stock is 255 but right now they have 225's on. For snow is the smaller tire better?

thanks
I would still go with the stock size since the suspension is made for that size.
Any dedicated wintertire will do quite well in Mass in witer ( I used ot live in MN).

But if you wish to avoid a dedicated winter tire may I suggest Hankook Dynapro ATM (in the stock size).

They are balanced between highway, mild offroad and are rated with the 3 peak mountain snowflake symbol without being a dedicated wintertire.

So you can run them year around.
(I just put them on my 2nd vehicle an XTerra which has a lot in common with an R51 and intend to run them year 'round)

And while they are not economy tires they are also reasonably priced.

PatsFan

Re: Tire Question 2000 Pathfinder

Postby PatsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:48 pm

palmerwmd wrote:
PatsFan wrote:Hi,

thanks
I would still go with the stock size since the suspension is made for that size.
Any dedicated wintertire will do quite well in Mass in witer ( I used ot live in MN).

But if you wish to avoid a dedicated winter tire may I suggest Hankook Dynapro ATM (in the stock size).

They are balanced between highway, mild offroad and are rated with the 3 peak mountain snowflake symbol without being a dedicated wintertire.

So you can run them year around.
(I just put them on my 2nd vehicle an XTerra which has a lot in common with an R51 and intend to run them year 'round)

And while they are not economy tires they are also reasonably priced.
Thank you for the reply.
I will look into the Hankook

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Another option is an "All-Weather" tire, which are a little different than an "All-Season" tire. They are much better in snow that "All-Season" and "All Terrain" tires but can also be driven the whole year.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”