Happy to rejoin Nissan family

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

maloburro

Happy to rejoin Nissan family

Postby maloburro » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Hello,

We bought a 2010 Altima base brand new and drove it to 208000 trouble-free miles before selling it on 2 months ago. Now we have recently found a good deal on a 2017 PF, and while I wish it was more like the 3rd gen models, I'm really happy with it and happy to have a Nissan again.

The reviews I read online were very unfair, it looks and feels quality and well made. Like the Altima, made in the USA. We wanted a 3 row and a 4x4. It's pretty great for the money.

Going to get roof rack crossbars from Amazon and maybe a hitch and better tires eventually.

Cheers,

Ryan

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Happy to rejoin Nissan family

Postby eieio » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 am

Welcome! :D

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Ryan,

welcome to your new home away from home! :D

maloburro

Postby maloburro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Thank you both for the replies. To be honest, I would have rather had a 3rd gen but I don't think my wife would have liked it as much and she was freaked out about the age. So I envy you both in that. The 3rd gen is one of the coolest designs IMO.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with this so far. I can understand why people think it should have been named the "Murano XL". I would have been fine with that too. I like it. It drives well. I hope it holds up, if it does I'll likely buy another Nissan someday.

510?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:55 am

Is your R52 an AWD model?

If so you do have one feature R51s (except the LEs) dont have.. a clutch type transer case that allows to all 4 wheels drive on bad weather pavement.

The R51s 4WD system always locks the center, so it cannot be used on pavement even bad weather pavement ( heavy rain , patches of snow etc)

The LEs have the option of running on "auto", which is your default setting when AWD is on.
All other R51s that have 4WD have a "traditional" always-locked center 4WD system.

Also when you replace your tires go with something in an AT rating which will dramatically increase your vehicles abilities, maybe even an inch taller ..

So enjoy your modern R52 Pathy it can do a lot!!! :D

maloburro

Postby maloburro » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks for the kind words Palmer. Yes it is 4wd which I realize is really AWD. I agree this is not a traditional PF. Looking back 2 years ago, we wanted a 3 row but no payment. We ended up with a 2wd Expedition. What a mistake that was (that thing had problems with problems). We wish we had bit the bullet, put the chunk down on a 2011-2012 PF, and financed the rest.

I hope the bugs were ironed out on the 2017. If not I'm sure I'll be as mad as the rest of the posts I've been seeing lately. I'm not too upset that this is basically an Altima. I never minded the CVT on the Altima, I learned how to use it. We test drove the Highlander and 4runner and liked them both but this R52 was literally 10k cheaper.

I'm not expecting it to be a rock crawler but I'd like it to be a little more capable for dirt roads and such. Like you mentioned, I found that 255 60 18 AT tires should fit, hopefully without rubbing. I would love to get another set of General AT2s but they are pricey in that size so I'm thinking the Hankook Dynapros may be the way to go.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Hankook Dynapro ATMs is what I just put on my 2nd Vehicle an XTerra :)

There are 2 versions of it.. the P rated and the LT rated. Get the P rated its a better fit (and a bit less $$)

ua902205

new here

Postby ua902205 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:15 am

I am New here. I like The Nissan path :) :)

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: new here

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:55 am

ua902205 wrote:I am New here. I like The Nissan path :) :)
Welcome!!! :D

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”