The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CiK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: 2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck Reply with quote

Hi everybody! I have seen a lot of posts about stuck and locked rear Pathfinder doors, but not anything on front or passenger doors.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder with 127XXX miles on it. This morning I went to open the drivers side door. I heard a noise, but didn't notice anything until I went to close the door. When I did, the door wouldn't latch. I eventually got it to latch, but then it stuck in the closed position. I couldn't open the door from the outside or the inside.

I thought it was just frozen so I parked it in the garage and let it run for about 20 minutes. The inside handle eventually opened the door, but the outside handle still won't. I have both the passenger and drivers side panels off, and I am not seeing any movement of the lock latch actuator when I pull the handle like I do with the passenger door. That makes me believe its either something broke at the handle or the lock actuator itself. There is a little play in the handle now, but I can't pinpoint why.

Anybody have any leads? Advice? Many thanks!

Tony
kngTgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck Reply with quote

CiK wrote:
Hi everybody! I have seen a lot of posts about stuck and locked rear Pathfinder doors, but not anything on front or passenger doors.

I have a 2006 Pathfinder with 127XXX miles on it. This morning I went to open the drivers side door. I heard a noise, but didn't notice anything until I went to close the door. When I did, the door wouldn't latch. I eventually got it to latch, but then it stuck in the closed position. I couldn't open the door from the outside or the inside.

I thought it was just frozen so I parked it in the garage and let it run for about 20 minutes. The inside handle eventually opened the door, but the outside handle still won't. I have both the passenger and drivers side panels off, and I am not seeing any movement of the lock latch actuator when I pull the handle like I do with the passenger door. That makes me believe its either something broke at the handle or the lock actuator itself. There is a little play in the handle now, but I can't pinpoint why.

Anybody have any leads? Advice? Many thanks!

Tony

Hopefully you were able to fix this, I have a similar problem, my key wont go all the way in the lock, so it does not turn, anybody have any ideas or a way to fix it?

Thank you
smj999smj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the key won't go all the way into the lock cylinder, it sounds like the lock cylinder is broken and needs to be replaced.
CiK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2006 Pathfinder Front Driver Side Door Stuck Reply with quote

kngTgr wrote:
Hopefully you were able to fix this, I have a similar problem, my key wont go all the way in the lock, so it does not turn, anybody have any ideas or a way to fix it?

Thank you

Mine wasn't like that. Dealer rigged mine back up a few months ago. Its not a final solution and it will probably fail again. I have the lock mechanism sitting in my garage but haven't needed to tear into yet.

I would agree with smj999smj that your lock cylinder is broke.
kngTgr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, I was hoping for a simple "just spray some WD-40" type of solution, thank you guys,

Marco
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can certainly try WD40. You never know!
kngTgr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Happy to report Reply with quote

One think I didn't mentioned before was that the Pathfinder was not used for a long time, which drained the battery completely, so I couldn't use the remote to unlock, (I had to call AAA to get access) the key cylinder remained blocked even after I jump started the truck, then I removed the battery, and charged it completely, after reinstalling the battery, the door cylinder accepts the key and turns just fine.
Nos as easy as WD40, but just as good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: