Brand new to owning Nissan Pathfinder

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Kadams911

Brand new to owning Nissan Pathfinder

Postby Kadams911 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Hey everyone. So, I've jumped in to owning a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder SV. I love it. I traded in my 16 Kia Sportage. So far I'm really loving my car. We updated for the third row due to starting the foster to adopt program so hopefully we will get to put this new space in to use. I'm a little bummed about the power. You can tell at acceleration that it struggles a little. And the MPG isn't what I'm used to but it's not horrible
So, I have a question. Does anyone know how big of a tire I can go without any wheel rub? I'm thinking some meatier tires would look pretty good and I found some aftermarket wheels I want - RTX Black Widow :)
If anyone has

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Welcome to the board your new home away from home! :D

About the "sluggishness".. does the SV trim have an "S" mode for the transmission?
If so just leave it in there as long as you arent on the highway.
You will feel a difference.

I used to do this all the time in my 2014 Altima

I am afraid I cant answer your tire question but i am sure someone else can and will :D

Kadams911

Thank you..

Postby Kadams911 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:23 pm

palmerwmd wrote:Welcome to the board your new home away from home! :D

About the "sluggishness".. does the SV trim have an "S" mode for the transmission?
If so just leave it in there as long as you arent on the highway.
You will feel a difference.

I used to do this all the time in my 2014 Altima

I am afraid I cant answer your tire question but i am sure someone else can and will :D
Thank you for the reply. I've looked all over and can't find anything that has an "S" on it, so it must not have it. Basically, it's always in 2wd then there is a knob on the console near the armrest that is the 4wd option.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:38 pm

I just looked up a pic of your model year transmission stick online.
yes there is no "S" option.

Either way its a great rig :D

Also consider doing a transmission fluid replace if previous owner hasnt.
You are still under warranty and want to protect that :)

For the CVT transmissions since its so specific this is one thing that should be done by dealer.

Also consider asking the dealer if there isn't a software update available or needed on your model year (though I dont know of one.. maybe one of your better qualified staff will know )

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”