Stereo Identification confusion and options (long... sorry!)

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Delta troop

2008 pathfinder adventura uk

Postby Delta troop » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:10 am

Hi I'm hoping mr nico is still around to give me some help and advice!

I have a 2008 pathfinder adventura ,the sound system outlay looks identical to yours on the 06 model ,I have a mate with a 06sve and he also has the same looking factory install,although mine came with a flip down DVD fitted on the roof in the back and has wireless headphones that run off it. I bought it second hand like this,so have no idea if this was added at a later date etc but it looks like it was done by Nissan as its a good looking job and says nissan on the DVD screen.

It has no aux input which sucks! Everything else is pretty good I like sat nav ,camera etc sound quality ain't to hot tho! What I really want to do is add aux input and or iPod interface to existing setup without losing factory controls etc .
After looking at your post ,you are the only one who seems to understand the problem with these models! And you sound really clued up on the subject and audio in general. I was wondering if you could help me out with any help you can on how's best to do this if poss . I seen you last posts with interfaces etc but not exactly sure how this works and what it's doing!? I'm ok at these things usually but find this one quite confusing! Also can you help me with getting into the stereo to find out what the back connections look like? I have looked under the dash from foot well and it looks to be the same unit you have ,a single unit/6disc changer in one , but not sure how you go about getting into it . Sorry for long post but would really appreciate your help

Kind regards

[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi, Sorry for the delay, been snowboarding (truck driving in the snow on the mountain was fun too!)

Happy new year!, where are you from in the World? and more importantly the buttons on the dash (for the radio and bands, can you list them here or take a photo of them). What they say will dictate if you can have an AUX input or need to go the slightly more painful route with inline transmitter.

sounds like you have the factory dvd screen, from what I read all pathfinders have the socket to power it near the rear lights in the roof panel although I never checked to see if mine has it. You can buy the screen on ebay now and then and the DVD player normally sits in the centre console section so if its built into the screen its either a model I've not seen before or after market. There are ones out there that you can "freeze" an image or JPG to allow it to show a factory logo etc..

Delta troop

Help

Postby Delta troop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi mr nico thanks for getting in touch ,I'm also sorry for the late reply ,I have pretty much gone ahead and done what you have done in terms of the fm modulator fitting the arial adaptor you suggested and the Vera modulator as my set up is exactly the same as yours. However I think I've done a school boy error somewhere and maybe wired it up wrong,I mean everything works great except I've noticed my battery had been draining and I'm pretty sure it's something to do with this. Could you help me with identifying where I went wrong? I tapped into the yello wire on the factory harness thinking this was correct and earthed the blue arial wire and powered one of the other blue wires as it did not work by earthing both , I think it's because we have an amplified antenna!? I presumed by tapping into the yellow wire that it would only get power when the ignition is on but I don't have a voltage meter or anything to check and as everything works I presummed it was all ok ,but like I say something is making my battery go flat if I leave it more than a day and it must be this . I'd really appreciate your thoughts and help on the wiring and install ,what did you do etc? Thanks very much in advance

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:13 am

Thank yo for posting this. Ive posted as ive issues with the rear speakers sqreeching and popping and all i could find was info for the Bose units.

Want to pull the head out and check for loose wires as when i sprayed the DVD unit connectors the awful sounds stopped!! So in hope to clean the plugs with a contact cleaner or 'clip' the rear speaker wires and just have the fronts.

Your post helps loads, as im assuming the CD unit is also the amp??

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:40 pm

ImageIMG_5046

Stripped the dash out and removed the cd changer, used some contact cleaner spray on all the terminals. put back together and so far ( probably spoken to soon )
the screeching on the rear speakers seem to have gone.
Dry joint ??

DAOTTO

Postby DAOTTO » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:27 am

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.

Alois89

Re: info

Postby Alois89 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:51 am

[email protected] wrote:yeah not a problem with the sharing of info, If you are not in a hurry you may as well hold off and see what my results are like before you invest any cash and effort.

This is the antenna adaptor, I checked with my physical unit and its a perfect match, its often listed as a nissan adaptor or Quashqai 2007 or navara 2007 (the pathfinder 2006 will get you the wrong connector) note the 2 cables to allow each connection to be grounded!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350399848111? ... 1497.l2649

This is the FM modulator, it has a built in noise supressor, its very cheap as this guy seems to be clearing stock but this model had good feedback from my local car audio shop, I figured its cheap enough to risk before spending cash on a more expensive unit if needed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221135230258? ... 1497.l2649

This is the Video injection unit for the Nav screen, it sits inline between the nav and the screen, it has 2 video inputs (one reverse camera and one switch-able composite) however we dont need the reverse camera so I'll use it as a normal input and if I wire a 12v feed to the switch connected to the reverse line on this unit I'll be able to have a second switch-able input.

https://www.rachat-de-credit-simulation ... nt-de-pret

This is the DVD unit I plan to buy... its capable of media playback on SD, USB and DVD etc... I'll be mounting this vertically in 1 third of the centre console or under the passenger seat if I cant go with the first plan for what ever reason.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270641793744? ... 1423.l2649

This next bit will wait a short while and if the above (already ordered) is successful and good enough quality I'll be going with this immediately after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-q23YXbFl8

I've stuck this youtube link up as it will detail easier than me typing about it but the basics are that on a JB Ipad/ Ipod or iphone you can install a driver which allows a 4 wire touch screen controller to manipulate the i device. Our screens are not touch screen but an overlay can be fitted and they cost about �20!, the module costs about �130...

Its not all roses though, this device uses a bluetooth connection to the i device for its control (automatically activated by the software driver once the i device is connected to the video out cable). The down side to this is that if you use an Iphone for media playback and want to control it on this screen it will mean you cant use the bluetooth to the phone system on the car so I beleive only the use of a JBroken Ipod touch or Ipad is worth docking with the system and then connect an iphone (or other bluetooth phone) to the pathfinder normal stereo hands free kit.

I'll probably add a read screen or 2, I have 3 options and they all seem to cost the same... option 1 is a pair of head rest screens, option 2, a flip down monitor, option 3 a fold out arm rest monitor that stores away where the rear heater controls are... not decided here (and can connect to any from the extra output of the multimedia interface...)

once this is all done I'll look at upgrading the factory amp (or removing it) and possibly replacing speakers in the doors.

One thing to note: the prices for all items on ebay are available as a best offer, since me and a mate are both doing this in our cars (I'm doing both cars :-) ) I'm negotiating on all prices and getting good results so if and when you buy any stuff look around and barter!
It reminds me of my neighbor's adapter that I borrowed last year! a whole story I do not make you say it!

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”