The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Do I need to add pag oil after alternator replacement?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allenayres83

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Do I need to add pag oil after alternator replacement? Reply with quote

So I just replaced my alternator in my 2013 Pathfinder. To do so I had to remove the condenser which let all of my refrigerant out. I have someone that is going to pull a vacuum and recharge it but I was wondering if I needed to add any pag oil and if so how much? Where I released the line I didn't notice any oil residue but there was a bunch of dye in the system that came out.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the dye is mixed in with the oil. Generally speaking, you shouldn't need to add any Pag oil unless a component of the A/C system is replaced (like a compressor or condenser, for example). A professional A/C machine will capture any oil during the recovery process so one can tell if any need needs to be added back in.
allenayres83

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of the thing.....it's not going to be a professional recovery machine just a vacuum pump and a set of gauges. Don't know if that would work the same way or not
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll work. 30" of vacuum for 30 minutes minimum before re-charging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: