The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Running board plastic top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickCR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Running board plastic top Reply with quote

Hello All,

Has anyone else had the plastic top of the running boards come loose and de-attach? This happened to me on the passenger side.

Any suggestions on getting them to stick back on?

Thank you in advance!
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a local parts store that deals with auto body shop supplies, they should be able to get you a double-sided tape that you can use to re-apply your running board finisher. You'll have to remove your current piece, remove all of the old tape and clean all of the dirt off before installing the new tape and assembling.
Graham W

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id noticed when i bought my truck two (4 in total ) self tapping black screw each end of the top board. Left it alone, but if was to come loose id grab some plastic bodywork glue. The stuff they glue front fenders, side skirts etc on in bodyshops. left to dry/cure properly wont come off under normal conditions.

alot easier than 100% cleaning for new tape lol

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar.
CRC11007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried taking them off and cleaning them, and using the strongest double-sided tape I could find, only to have the bastards come off again. I ended up using hex-head self-drilling screws, lots of them. Looks good enough, and provides much more grip, especially when the plastic is wet or icy. As soon as I figure out how to upload a picture, I will.[/img][/b]
Replaced: shocks, camber bolts, a couple belt tensioners, cam position sensors, crank position sensor, fuel sending unit, spark plugs, sway bar bushings, radiator bypass fix, 7-pin trailer harness, both primary cats and O2’s, all the glitchy stuff from the ‘05, mostly thanks to this forum Smile
nickCR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I have really strong 3M double sided tape but i'm not convinced it will last. I guess only one way to try. Need some clamps though to get it to make good contact.

Any pics of how those screws look?
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about using rivets?
https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-6555-Rivet-40-Piece-Rivets/dp/B000NPT74C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Body Interior and Exterior All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: