The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Feedback of Rear Suspension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pranit6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Feedback of Rear Suspension Reply with quote

Hi all,

I would like some feedback.

I will be redoing my rear suspension. I currently have medium rear springs with Bilsteins HD shocks and airlift 1000 bags. While the bags have helped I still have sagging when ShowBox Mobdro VidMate loaded and towing a trailer (#3500).

My upgrade would be OME HD Springs and Radflo 2.0 with remote reservoir.

My main concern is wait for it you guessed it, rear alignment particularly when not loaded.

I will be adding a Wilco rear hitch tire carrier (if alignment can get close). I cant seem to find any rear bolts that allow for extra alignment issues for my 2008 Pathfinder.

I also came across this at 4x4Parts

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Pranit6 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make offset bushings for the rear control arms to provide for additional alignment if the factory eccentric bolts can't get it in specs.
underworld1001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say for the Moog rear springs. They're easy to replace and help out the ride and towing quite a bit.

Here's the manufacturer page for them -- http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?pNum=81119&partType=Coil%20Spring%20Set&brandId=MC

Seeing as how each spring drops an inch for every 353lbs applied to it, I simply used the following math to see how much 3500lbs would cause the droop.

Single spring drop -- 353lbs/in
Double that amount since there are 2 springs -- 706lbs/in
Divide that number by the amount mentioned in your post -- 3500
Result of the drop of that weight applied is a sag of -- 4.95 inches

So .05in less than the size of a CD and less than most cell phone screens now.

The above values are without the use of the Airlift to limit the sag.

I also wanted to ask what you meant by, "I currently have medium rear springs..."? OEM springs?[/url]
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
Thupertrooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4x4parts.com sells the rear camber bolts for the upper control arm on the rear if you end up needing more adjustment which I have not needed.
2005 OR Pathy V6 Volant CAI----Lift-Long Travel front(5+ lift) Drop bracket rear 4" plus armada springs and spacers. Airlift1000(uneeded now) Longer 5100s. ---Lokka front locker. --- 35s on stock rims. --- Custom rear bumper---Kenwood2m HAM Midland CB Firestik --- FSR Series Small Canopy Roof Top Tent(If in the market DM for deals) ---
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job team answering the mans questions!! Smile

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Suspension and Steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: