Roofrack Cross Bars for 2019 Pathfinder

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

dhbailey52

Roofrack Cross Bars for 2019 Pathfinder

Postby dhbailey52 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Does anybody know if the roof rack rails that come on the 2019 Pathfinder are the same as those on the 2018 Pathfinder? I'm trying to find movable, user installable crossbars and the ones I think seem to be the best state that they have not been confirmed to work on the 2019 Pathfinder. My guess is because the vehicle is so new, not that there's been a major change.
https://www.etrailer.com/p-MPG216.html? ... Pathfinder

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer about this![/url]

dhbailey52

Postby dhbailey52 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:09 pm

I did buy those crossbars for the roof rack and they fit fine (with a lot of adjusting for the initial install). I had them on for two weeks, with very little highway driving. Over the past week I've done more highway driving and the crossbars add quite a bit of noise, and they actually work like little wings, changing the handling of the car. Especially when right behind a tractor/trailer, where the eddies in the wind behind the trailer played havoc with the crossbars. I could feel a lot of wobble in the Pathfinder which is not there without the crossbars. So I've taken them off and will only put them on if I know I'll be needing them.

Does anybody know if the OEM crossbars which aren't movable are more aerodynamic than these after-market crossbars are?

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have about the original Nissan crossbars.

Return to “General Automotive”