2008 Pathfinder headlight and Fog Lamp BRIGHTER BULBS?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

rch

2008 Pathfinder headlight and Fog Lamp BRIGHTER BULBS?

Postby rch » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 pm

I've been reading several of the responses regarding replacement of just the bulbs and what to buy. I kind of have a good idea but I am also feeling a bit confused. I don't want to take this information to the local part store and be told something completely different... So my question is. What kind of BULB can I put in my stock headlight and fog light assembly that will give me the MOST Effective light?
Thanks in advance

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:00 am

I had the exact same intent about a year ago for both my Xterra and my R51 Pathfinder.

There are direct replacement bulbs that are brighter.
They accomplish this by making the filament thinner so while drawing the same wattage it burns brighter.

After much research I went with these exact bulbsMade in Germany:

Headlights
https://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detai ... er+Edition

I put these both into my Pathfinder and my Xterra and enjoy noticeable improvement in light.
Its not HIDs of curse.. but quite nice enough for the small expense and effort.
Now Bulbs of this type will not last as long as OEM.. I fully expect to be replacing them every 18 months.
But to me that trade off is well worth it.

PS: Sylvania has broadly similar products but they are infamous for burning out quickly.When you make more light via thinner filament quality control has to be 100.00%
In this class of lighting improvement via bulb switch the Phillips appear to be the longest lasting and best reviewed (and I attest to being effective)

I followed up the brighter bulbs with a headlight clearer/polisher for even better results.
Nighttime driving makes more fun now.

These are for the foglights but I have not ordered them yet because I am so happy with my "new" headlights...
https://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detai ... er+Edition

PS2: These do not have the fashionable blue tint. "Just" more light.
PS3: I bought them from tirerack and smilar "old school" car part sellers because I prefer supporting them over amazon, as I feel Bezos is becoming too powerful and i dont like this political donation habits.
Also Tirerack has been a loyal friend to the automotive community for decades. :)

rch

Postby rch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Thank you so much....I'll check into it.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 am

rch wrote:Thank you so much....I'll check into it.
Can you update us what the outcome was?

:D

se7en

Postby se7en » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:36 pm

last time i checked at walmart the stock 9007 headlights have a life of 500 or more hours (do not remeber) but the super bright ones are down to like 200 hours or so...

a factor perhaps...

rch

Postby rch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:08 am

I ended going with the Sylvania Silver Star ultra. They're definitely better than what was previously installed which was also Sylvania but not as bright..had more of the yellowish looking beam. The Silver Stars are alot brighter. I chose those hoping they'd have a longer life over the brighter options. Thanks

Return to “R51 Electrical”