Help! 2007 Nissan Altima TPMS Light.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Tonnystark

Help! 2007 Nissan Altima TPMS Light.

Postby Tonnystark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:48 pm

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S (6 Speed Manual) My TPMS Light comes on and blinks when I start the vehicle. It blinks for about a minute then it stays on while I drive. I got my sensors checked and my tire pressure is fine. Tire shop said my sensors were working. I have 4 new sensors, should I put them on? Any idea what this could be? Could the sensors have a weak reading or is this a bigger problem?
Help!
Thanks
Last edited by Tonnystark on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:16 am

It could be the first signs of the batteries in your sensors going out.. the blinking is warning you.

You car is an 07.. if these are the originals they ought to be on their way out.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:21 pm

You need to find out what stored TPMS codes are in the system. This can be done by grounding the TPMS diagnostic connector, located near the OBD II connector (it may be taped to the harness). Follow the factory service manual procedure (or get the procedure on YouTube) to find out what the codes are. Nico Club's site has downloadable FSMs. Most of the time, it is usually a week TPMS sensor battery that is causing the trouble.

Return to “General Automotive”