Mass Airflow Sensor replaced and throwing error again

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Rotinaj

Mass Airflow Sensor replaced and throwing error again

Postby Rotinaj » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 pm

2011 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4 123,XXX miles. I had the check engine light come on and took it to auto zone for a scan. The scan came up bad MAF sensor and I tried a aftermarket and it did not work. Lots of $$$ at the dealer and they claimed it had to be a Nissan part. Left with a new MAF sensor and no light on. Three weeks later and the check engine light came back on and again the code is bad MAF. I have done a visual inspection and do not see any obvious air leaks on any of the plastic air ducts. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should be looking for?

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:15 pm

I had the same issue with mine as well. I replaced the MAF with a Hitachi one and still had the code. Reset the computer doing the pedal dance and drove it around a bit. I also cleaned the TB using some spray (did not remove or touch the TB, literally just sprayed the hell out of it :D ). Haven't had MAF code thrown for a few months now ::knock on wood::

1. Turn ignition "ON" (without starting vehicle), count to 3 seconds.
2. Depress/Release accelerator pedal 5 times...hard and fast.
3. Count to 10 seconds (not 7!) and fully depress accelerator pedal.
4. Count to 12 seconds (SERVICE ENGINE SOON should be blinking), release accelerator pedal.
5. Count to 10 seconds, depress accelerator pedal.
6. Count to 10 seconds, release accelerator pedal.
7. Turn off ignition, then start engine. Done!

Not sure if you'd like to try the above. Worked for me.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”