The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Changing Spark Plugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Changing Spark Plugs Reply with quote

I am going to change the spark plugs this weekend on my wifes 2013 PF. It has 95K miles on it and I know the plugs are good to 100K. I already have the stock Denso iridium plugs. Does anybody have the FSM how to change them? or a link to youtube to change them? or any tips or suggestions before I get started. The front 3 should be easy, but I'm trying to make the back 3 changed as easily as possible. Thanks
IanH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I let my plugs on my 2003 go though 145 kmiles.
They were in ok shape, no codes, and would have lasted longer.

You can find the FSM through 2016 at nico.
I dont have link handy. search, sign up and ask for link.
Nissan took legal action against them, and they took them down. but now you can access with a link.
But no new ones will be hosted.
BTW make sure you clip the coil conectors home properly, had problems with one of mine.
IanH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this site: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/2013%20Pathfinder/

You want the EM pdf.
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock plugs are usually NGK on any Asian make car, including Nissan.

The Denso's may work fine, but they are an economy version of the real thing...

NGK 1406 {#DILKAR7B11} Laser Iridium is the factory plug.

SMJ may have more info.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the NGK # 1406 is a factory equivalent plug. The factory plug is Nissan # 22401-EW61C, which is actually a Denso # 3442 (FXE22HR11) Iridium Long-life. I'm not sure why they made the switch because they've used strictly NGK plugs in Nissans sold in the US for as long as I can remember, although I know they have used Denso in some of the overseas Nissan models. Either is an excellent plug choice. Denso was once owned entirely by Toyota, but they became independent around 1950 and now Toyota owns about 25% of the company. Denso is the second largest auto parts supplier in the world and NGK is the largest spark plug manufacturer in the world. I'm a long-time, die-hard NGK and NTK fan, but Denso is right up there with them in terms of quality and both seem to work well in Nissans and anything else they are put into.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: