The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Puzzled Why Tires Won't Fit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crghill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Puzzled Why Tires Won't Fit Reply with quote

I have owned three 2005-2012 Pathfinders. I currently still own two of them. The one I just sold had a brand new set of p265/75/r16 AT tires on it. So, before I sold it I swapped them onto my other pathfinder. The tires never rubbed on PF 1 but rub on PF 2. Here are the specs of both vehicles.

1. PF 1 was a 2006 SE 4x4 bone stock, no lift. Tires Didn't rub. Vehicle came stock with 16" rims.

2. PF 2 is a 2005 LE 4x4 bone stock, no lift. Tires rub when backing up and only on one side (driver side). Vehicle came stock with 17" rims but after the swap, now sits on 16" stock OEM nissan wheels.

From everything I've read, P265/75/R16 tires should fit this vehicle with no trimming. Does that mean something is wrong/weak with the suspension? I know the LE is a couple hundred pounds heavier than the SE but that shouldn't make a difference. Neither vehicle had damage history.

Any help is appreciated.
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its entirely possible springs may have sagged on one vehicle more than the other.

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
BullDozer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the front / rear or both?
If rear check springs. Maybe cracked

Are tires overinflated?
265/75 R16 Cooper AT3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: