Hate on Nissan?

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

mickenzyjoela

Hate on Nissan?

Postby mickenzyjoela » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:58 am

I’ve seen a bit of disdain for Nissan in this community, and I’m curious as to why? I own a 2010 Nissan Maxima, and it seems to do the job. Is it that no one likes the Altima’s, or is it something about the newer models? Cheers.

scottsen11

Postby scottsen11 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:25 am

unreliable transmissions, noncompetitive lineup, and for me is the terrible drivers that tend to buy their cars.

I also think people are disappointed in Nissan for not coming out with any more (reasonably) attainable sports cars with the same character as the JDM legends of the past.
9Apps
Last edited by scottsen11 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:53 am

I love Nissan and find their design priorities (handling and engines) mirror mine.
I think their marketing could be more clever.
For example a PRO4X variant of the Armada would not only sell but create the buzz that helps get people into the showrooms (not that the Armada isnt already selling well)

The Altima is high volume enough they could afford to go thru the expesnive hassle of going thru the regulatory hurdles of adding a transmission choice ( manual)
This would also create positive buzz in the enthusiast press and youtube community which would help the brands perception a lot.
(even if in the and not many would buy it.. the good will this would buy nissan would be incalculable)

Oh and either bring back the Xterra (after all they are making the Frontier a near identical PU) or take the Pathy back to body on frame .
This way the brand would have a body-on-frame SUV in the mid size class

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Having worked for Nissan from 1986 to 2003, I find Nissan a bit frustrating and inconsistent. They can make some very good vehicles and also some very bad vehicles at the same time. If you look at Consumer Reports, you'll find many models near the bottom of their category. Take the Nissan Sentra, for example; it once was one of Nissan's best cars but now it is under-powered with mediocre handling. The current Pathfinder is just starting to be corrected of a number of its issues, the biggest being the transmission (albeit, it still has a CVT). The Altimas were solid cars up until 2002, when they completely changed the way Nissan designed cars and the QR25DE developed oil burning issues that would last three years into the model run and often had to be corrected by replacing the engine. Rotor pulsation has been an issue with many of its vehicles going back to the early 2000's. Their fit and finish at times leaves a bit to be desired for at times on certain models. They are loyal to the CVT transmission despite all of the problems they've given their customers. Also, there have been problems that have occurred that their customers feel that Nissan should have stepped-up and recalled but instead let them down; the 2005-2010 radiator and timing chain issues with the VQ40DE engines are good examples. What makes them so frustrating is that they could be just as good and reliable as Toyota and Honda if they just put more effort into their designs and manufacturing and if they better stood by their product.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Also Nissan has the best seats in the business excepting cars that cost twice as much.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:57 pm

palmerwmd wrote:Also Nissan has the best seats in the business excepting cars that cost twice as much.
They're pretty good in that department, but the best seats IMO are in the Subaru Forester and Outback.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”