The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
The shift lever is stuck!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpayne1078

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: The shift lever is stuck!! Reply with quote

I'm working on my buddies automatic 95 Pathy. On cold mornings it won't shift out of Park. The shift interlock from the brake pedal is working properly but there is a cable that comes off the front of the shifter base. I don't know where it goes... It appears to run into the steering column. I noticed that when I fiddle with it the cable *clicks* and is free moving again.

I have this thing all torn apart but its a daily driver. I really want to get it working smoothly again.

Could this be the release on the shifter getting stuck or something in the steering column? Or...??
Thanks for the advise!
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable you are referring to is the "key interlock cable," which runs from the shifter to the ignition lock on the steering column. The part # is 34908-61G00 for two wheel drive and 34908-61G10 for four-wheel drive. Both cables are discontinued and if you need one, you might have to get a used one from a salvage yard. That said, you may not need the cable and you won't know unless you inspect it. It may need to be adjusted or lubed.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
mpayne1078

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! That's what I suspected.
Although the cable operates smoothly once it is freed up. It's just getting stuck on cold mornings.

Could there be an issue with the key interlock in the steering column?

Ideas on how to inspect further?

Thanks again!
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be an issue with the end of the cable or the ignition lock, itself.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: