The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
is the windshield supposed to have the solar tint on top?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xpath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: is the windshield supposed to have the solar tint on top? Reply with quote

My 2012 SV does not have that shaded banner across the top of the windshield, and i've seen other Pathfinders have it.

I"ve also seen other Pathfinders R51s with the "plain" windshield like mine as well.

What was the original factory configuration? I'm now wondering if the previous owner replaced the windshield and went with the lower cost option or something. Carfax does not show any accident history on my vehicle when I bought it, I hope it was never wrecked and needed a windshield replacement or something.
underworld1001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a dealer add on, not sure to be honest. My friend just bought a new 2019 Civic and it doesn't have it. My girlfriends 2018 CX-5 didn't either. It sucks to be honest Very Happy Usually if you take it to a decent tint shop they'll out it on for you.
2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
Graham W

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old Shogun didn't have one, the screen needed replacing and when they brought the new one out the glass had one.

Probably just the make of glass manufacturer maybe?

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar. Oh and an electric fleece blanket for my GF as she feels the cold!
twinblown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 05 has it. Maybe late model ones got deleted? I like it and helps a lot on those days facing the sun.
CRC11007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a local window tint guy and had him match-tint the front windows to all the rear windows. For an extra $30, he ran a strip of dark tint across the top of the windshield. Money well spent.
Replaced: shocks, camber bolts, a couple belt tensioners, cam position sensors, crank position sensor, fuel sending unit, spark plugs, sway bar bushings, radiator bypass fix, 7-pin trailer harness, both primary cats and O2’s, all the glitchy stuff from the ‘05, mostly thanks to this forum Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: