The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Engine scanners/ODBII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham W

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Engine scanners/ODBII Reply with quote

Anyone used a Foxwell Scanner ? Ive aNT644 Pro.

Ive always had one kicking about to do the EML engine dash light to find basic errors. But was asked to help clear a DPF flashing light on a family members Mazda5.....

Took it up the road, ragged in 3rd gear 4000rpm at 60mph for 5 miles so well warm and ready to go, plugged in the scanner and went through the options to force a DPF clean.. and get this all the time

https://youtu.be/eUj4AIXxZLQ

Emailed Foxwell Tech, but after a week still nothing.

The mazda revved to 2000 and then dropped to idle, then error pinged up on the screen.

There was a 'wire' trick on youtube for the Mazda's but that doesnt work either.

Any clues??

A saab 93 i had years ago took about 20 mins revving around 3000 and the DPF threw soot out good and propper !

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar. Oh and an electric fleece blanket for my GF as she feels the cold!
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,.. I am not sure i fully understood your post? Surprised

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Graham W

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a post to ask if anyone has used any pro OBD2 scanners and recommends
any particular brands. They are all mainly China made so hopefully we would all be using the same stuff ??

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar. Oh and an electric fleece blanket for my GF as she feels the cold!
underworld1001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Foxwell NT301. Thought I'd only use it once or twice, but I was wrong. Having your own scanner is so convenient.

2011 SV V6 - BF Goodrich KO2 LT265/75 17-C, StopTech slotted rotors (934.42044), AEM DryFlow drop-in air filter (28-20286), free air box mod, Xtreme Truck Performance IMS (http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6), Bilstein 4600's (F-24-197427 / R-24-197434), Moog springs (F-81280 / R-81119 ), CSF aluminum radiator (7029)
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an Autel MX808 MaxiCheck which I picked up for $365 about 15 months ago. It works with any passenger car or truck with an OBD II port, but for another $99, you can get the OBD I kit which has the connectors for a number of manufacturers OBD I diagnostic ports. MK808 is the scan tool with the OBD I kit. It's pretty nice! It's a lot quicker than my former boss's X431 Launch diagnostic tool and his older OTC Genesys tool. It does an all system code scan, can monitor/graph/read live datastream info, read freeze frame data, can be used to relearn throttle bodies and register TPMS sensor, relearn idle air volume, relearn steering position and a bunch of other stuff. It can update wirelessly and the updates after the first years are reasonably priced. Autel has a number of tools, both less and more expensive. This one was perfect for me and for what I do at home.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: