Middletown Nissan Service

Discuss your dealer buying and servicing experiences here. And just the facts mam, let's keep the libel to a minimum please.

Moderator: volvite

Fofiddy

Middletown Nissan Service

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:49 am

I'd stay away. I gave them a shot because "according to Nissan" they have a 5 star service rating...

VIAS TSB:
I brought in the vehicle 6 months prior for a TSB regarding the VIAS intake rattle with the 04-early05 R51s. Now I understand that they have to test vehicles after installing new hardware but get this: I'm riding in the courtesy shuttle on the highway spacing out at traffic and what do I spot tearing heiny? My Storm Gray XE Path. Now I know it was my path opposed to some doppleganger because of the very unique security barcode sticker on one of the windows. Service departments beat the snot out of customers cars it's a fact of life, get over it. But what am I told when I get in? I have to wait another 45 min because the RTV sealent on the new gasket hasn't cured...
Now what I'm about to say may ding the credibility of what I've written but from that day my fuel economy has suffered terribly.

30K service:
My Path is my daily driver. I have a 14mi total daily commute that goes over highway. I don't drive like a grandma. I tow. I occasionally drive in conditions that necessitate 4lo. That being said I am meticulous about maintanace intervals and go the extra mile maintaining my Path to account for this. So for my 30K service I opted for the Premium schedule maint according to the service manuel I recieved with my SUV.

Apperently "Award Winning" dealerships are not required to offer maitenance that is listed in the product manuels. So after I go with their premium serviceplan plus a few items a la carte to get what is listed (including replacing the rear diff or transmission fluid) on bonafide nissan paper I get bent over for a grand total of $720.
Now when you pay that sort of money for reg schedulaed maintanence you expect your brakes not to hit the floor and be spongy there after. The parking brake was still slack even though I specifically requested it be adjusted. You never send your food back at a resturant so I drove off hopeing they didn't screw anything else up with their scrutionus attention to detail.

So Middletown Nissan in Middletown CT, you fail... miserably, so roll that up in your customer survey and smoke it.

Anyone have a dealership they can recommend in the CT area feel free to PM me.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:15 am

send your food back. esp. since you plan on not going there again....worst case scenario is what you are already doing.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:21 am

One angry service evalutation could be considered as a problamatic or whiny customer. I do service/support related work myself and I see it everyday sadly. I did send in the evaluation, but as far as their hands... I trust my own far more.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:13 am

I'll ask my friends where they got their 01 Pathy serviced recently and what their impression was. If it's any better I'll let you know. But I know how you feel, if they mess it up once, they are not likely to get it correct the second time.

I feel sorry for the people who take their cars in for everything down oil changes/tire rotations. Some people have extenuating circumstances, time, ability, tools, but the risk out weighs the benefits because as you just showed, the highest rating doesn't necessarily mean jack. Damn near impossible to find a trustworthy mechanic now.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:06 am

Did you go to the *new* Middletown stealership or the old one? My friends went to the new one if that makes a difference. I know they paid a lot for what they had done but my research at the time in just parts showed it was in the expected range I suppose. They aren't super car people so I forgive them on the lack of details.

Apparently they have heard good things about Hart Nissan in Hartford though.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:25 am

blink32 wrote:Did you go to the *new* Middletown stealership or the old one?
Both VIAS was in their old setup 30k was just after they opened the new one across the st.
Now don't get me wrong I don't have a total hate-on for their dealership. their parts guy goes out for his way for you, especially if you know what your talking about. Their Serivce writers are pleasent.

Hey whats with building a new location etc and still no bodyshop?

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:54 am

UPDATE:
Found a great dealership with a incredible tech that took the time to talk to me and go over all my concerns. I was not losing my mind my mileage did suffer because the MORONS at MIDDLETOWN NISSAN were doing a throttle re-learn procedure each time I would go there... So good new is I'm only another 10k miles away from getting the fuel economy I used to get. Bad news is I have to live with the fact that I was responsible for allowing those Mo-Mo's to touch my vehicle and take my money.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:06 am

what dealership did you end up at? I've got friends in Portland and I'd like to be able to recommend them to at-least a knowledgeable place. :)

Merry Xmas

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Wilson Nissan in Torrington. Awesome folks, their head tech is very personable and their service writer Yolanda is a sweetheart. I just had my 60K done there a few weeks ago, wasn't cheap but it was thorough. I had the premium service done, full drive-line, coolant, brake flush... the whole shebang. Unfortunately one of my security nuts fused to the lug and needed some extra work to get it off and the mounting of my snows drove the price up to nearly a thou. But given the state of my garage, the courtesy car and the quality of work preformed I would happily spend the typical $700 for what was done.

OME with snows is really something to behold once you have gotten used to LTs at 50psi... took four days to clear the roads after that last storm dropped nearly 2 feet out here.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Good to know.

I've been hearing about the massive snow up there. Something like 12" just over the weekend or something like that? Were you still running the stock Grabbers/or whatever came on the SE? I'm waiting for the first snow down here!

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:54 pm

It was a 3 day storm, we probably got 14" the first day and then got an additional 6-10" by the time it stopped snowing Sunday. In a cruel twist of fate it rained a bit over .5" last night and half the day melting left most of the state green dashing most children's hopes of a White Christmas. My backyard is still white because I live in the foothills, but it's a bit depressing considering I can see the once hidden lawn furniture.

I was/will resume running 31.6" Toyo Open Country A/T LTs which are also severe weather certified. I got rid of those POS Grabbers at 30k, they were spent and winter was mid swing. The Toyos are awesome but I got a ridiculous deal on the Blizzaks and always wanted to feel the difference between Snows and All Seasons. Although with the loose snow I think the majority of it is the seat of the butt comfort level combined with the body roll from the softer sidewalls, there is no question they are the real deal on ice. I have to admit the slushy sidewalls are kind of nice over frost heaves and the occasional pothole when combined with the OME kit.

Return to “Praise or Postal?”