The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2009 SE Radio replacement question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicktheEvil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: 2009 SE Radio replacement question Reply with quote

Hi,

I just picked up a new (to me) 2009 Pathfinder (SE I believe) and it has what I think is called the integrated radio. All of my climate controls -among other things- run through this screen. From my understanding, replacing this is next to impossible.

I'd like to have bluetooth and a backup camera. So I have a few questions.

Is there anyway to add climate controls that aren't through the screen?

How hard is it to add a backup camera to the existing screen? I have no problem tracking down a factory one. I'd like to have it on the big screen in my console and not get one of the rear view mirror solutions.

I know I can add bluetooth with various modules. Are there any unforeseen consequences in doing that?

Anything else I may not have thought of? Any help is appreciated.
NWPathfinder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought of this too. My 09' has the same setup as yours and it doesn't look like anybody makes anything after market for these rigs and the ones that did, don't seem to be making them anymore.

I did find this thread interesting about how he modified the Stock unit to accept a backup camera. I may get adventurous one day and add this but, still on the fence about it.

https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/pathfinder/15125-how-i-added-reverse-camera-my-09-pathfinder-factory-7-screen.html

The thought of routing a camera wire from the tail gate all the way to the front is arjuous at best. I remember doing it on my last vehicle and it certainly wasn't any fun. However, I remember once I had it, I absolutely loved it.

Converting all of my Cars to Nissan, one vehicle at a time. I apologize for all my years as a Domestic Car driver, I promise it won't happen again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: