Replace exhaust - Bosal vs Walker

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Replace exhaust - Bosal vs Walker

Postby disallow » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:15 pm

So my 05 just rolled 330k km (206k mi) and upon inspection, I have several leaks and alot of corrosion on my factory exhaust system. There are 2 mainstream OE direct fit replacements out there on the rockauto website, Bosal or Walker. Price is pretty similar, material is the same (aluminized steel), but not sure on the internals of the muffler, and there are some differences in their designs.

Here is a link to both on rockauto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nis ... +kit,10727

Bosal - I like the way they've constructed the Y on the muffler portion, and overall the parts in the kit look nice.

Walker - not as impressed on the Y, but still better than the OEM, the tail pipe is designed with a flat spot in the pipe that I'd be concerned creates a flow issue, but I wonder if this makes for an easier install or fitment.

Reading I've done says the sound for the walker is hit or miss. Couldn't find anything on the bosal.

Any experience or thoughts?

t

docwatson

Postby docwatson » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 pm

That Bosal looks $20 better to me.

I've used Walker parts but never a muffler.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”