P0011 P0300 solved?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

housekyl

P0011 P0300 solved?

Postby housekyl » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:50 pm

EDIT TO MY EDIT TO MY EDIT

Hope this can help with others with similar problems. AND hopefully save some $$$ 2005; 183k 4.0

P0011 P0430 P1800 Intermittent rough idle.

When I bought the truck I was getting a p0430 code and maybe the p0011 but I can’t remember for sure. I replaced the spark plugs with Non-OE NGK Iridium IX. At some point I got a P1800 code,
-Replaced the VIAS actuator thing, and also in chasing my codes
-Replaced both Intake Valve Timing Solenoids.. (VVT Solenoids)
-and Camshaft sensor (Bank 1)

Still having intermittent slight problems with rough idle . Then I removed and cleaned the VIAS flapper Manifold runner thingy. Side note: If you even sneeze on your throttle body be prepared to do a full idle relearn!

Soon after engine began to run pretty bad at an idle, little loss of power when driving but hardly noticeable.
-Ditched the old K&N filter for a paper
-Cleaned MAF sensor No change, still bad idle, maybe worse.
-Replaced the other camshaft sensor (Bank 2) and
-Crankshaft sensor.
No change.

**Somewhere along here I stopped getting the p1800**

Now:
-Changed to NGK double platinum spark plugs and
-New coils from rock auto (OE Hitachi)
No Change.
-Replaced MAF sensor
-PCV
No Change.

At this point rough idle is becoming more frequent and worse..now feeling very stressed. Not even sure of my logic at this point but now I had
-Full injector service.
No Change. Still thinking fuel delivery so.
-Replace Fuel Pump Assembly/filter
No Change.
-Replaced Bank 2 Sensor 2 Oxygen sensor
No Change.

Starting to think I should just run it into a wall at this point. Instead I started to educate myself more about fuel trims, I had been monitoring o2 but not much on fuel. Basically my Long term fuel trim bank 1 was sitting around 8 or 9 (I think this is why I was originally thinking fuel delivery) and when engine was idling rough bank 2 was maxed out at 25. hmm.. Thinking it could be clogged cats.. Then I drove it somewhere hot, and oh boy I wasn't sure if I would make it home...
IMPORTANT INFO. The fuel trims tended to clean up at highway speeds, which can/usually means vacuum leaks.
Now putting all this together and talking with more mechanics I'm now going down road of VACUUM LEAKS.

Tore into it last Saturday
-Intake Manifold gaskets
-Valve Cover Gaskets.
-Throttle body gasket
-Also re installed VVT solenoids with spray copper gasket sealant
-Took my time and ALSO FOUND 3 VACUUM HOSES that were split on the ends. (PCV hose, valve cover to valve cover hose, and breather hose from valve cover to air box). Was this the issue..we will never know. Intake gasket was pretty damn crusty and valve covers had small amount of oil all the way around.

TRUCK IS RUNNING GREAT and NO CODES HAVE RETURNED..YET..

BOTTOM LINE: Educate yourself, use all information, I think the fact that my problem started intermittent and progressively got worse should have meant that it was not a sensor or really even fuel delivery..
ALSO: I had touched all 3 of those vacuum lines in previous work, so I may have caused the splits or at least should have inspected them closer.

Cheers.
Last edited by housekyl on Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Was the VIAS sensor hard to replace? Did your engine rattle at 2200 or so RPM's?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:01 am

NGK Iridium IX plugs won't cause problems as long as their the correct part #. Nissan uses them as the "Value Line" spark plugs. They run about 1/2 the price of Laser Platinums but have a shorter service life of around 60000-70000 miles.

housekyl

Postby housekyl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:36 am

dawgn86 wrote:Was the VIAS sensor hard to replace? Did your engine rattle at 2200 or so RPM's?
s
No, you can almost do it with your eyes closed. Just pull the engine cover off and its right on top. You can do an easy test though by having someone rev above about 3,000 rpm and see if the valve/flapper moves. Also fairly easy to clean. The whole 'unit' can be removed by removing those 2 torques bolts. (You have to remove/loosen a 3rd to get to the right one if i remember correct.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Thanks!

did you order a new VIAS? do you have a part?

My dealer said he has only ordered one in the last 5 years!!

housekyl

Postby housekyl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:06 pm

dawgn86 wrote:Thanks!

did you order a new VIAS? do you have a part?

My dealer said he has only ordered one in the last 5 years!!
Honestly I ordered a $12 one off Amazon, (XtremeAmazing New VIAS Control Solenoid Valve 14955-8J10A for Nissan & Infiniti) not something I usually would do but it was $175 at NAPA.. Again, make sure this is actually the issue by testing it, sounds like these rarely go bad and cleaning the actual valve might be also the solution.

btw they call it a 'Intake Manifold Runner Solenoid' at Napa

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”