The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
First post, trying to refresh my Pathfinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PFzee

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: First post, trying to refresh my Pathfinder Reply with quote

Well I've gotten the hand-me-down Pathfinder and it's a little physically beat up. Long story short, it's been the family car for a long while and it's taken a beating: rear-ended, snow piles, side swipes, the occasional door-dinger. But the engine and suspension has always been our priority and it's been properly maintained and runs like the day we bought it.

I've come up with a list of parts and panels that I'd like to replace and if I sourced them online even at the best prices, it would still cost more than the car's value. So I've decided to try my luck at junkyards hoping I'd find another silver R50 Pathfinder that I could use as a donor truck. I've been junkyard hunting before and can handle picking bumpers and trunk lids and I also enjoy it.

The other option is to take it to a body shop and have the rust spots patched and a repainted but again, looking to keep the costs low.

This is currently how it's sitting, I'm already doing some quick searches on what size sockets I need when I go part picking to make it in and out in a timely manner as well as how to remove the bumpers, fenders, hood, and even doors depending on if the time and work is worth it. A couple of interior parts too but I'm mainly trying to improve the exterior. If anyone has any advice about part picking or any ideas on what they'd do in my situation, I'm all ears.

[img][/img]
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ThePath!!

Very Happy

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: