The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Were knock sensors optional?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volox

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Were knock sensors optional? Reply with quote

I'm still working on my engine rebuild on my 1995 VG30E but it's taken so long my memory is a little fuzzy on some of the things from disassembly.

I'm staring at that bolt hole where the knock sensor goes and can't remember taking it off. I also can't find it in my parts pile, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't there.

So my question is, was the knock sensor optional? If so, how do I tell whether my pathfinder needs it? Or would I be better off to just install it regardless of whether it had one before?
volox

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who is wondering... I think I might have found an answer to this question.

When I was at the dealer having them try to track down some other parts for me, I asked them to look up the knock sensor. Well because they had plugged in my truck by VIN number, it actually told them that the part didn't apply to my truck. You can see it on the diagram but the computer flags it as a part that doesn't apply.

So the only mystery that remains is whether or not there would be benefit to adding it even though it 'doesn't apply' ? Would the computer use the input and somehow benefit efficiency? Or is it really only going to help if there are other problems?

I haven't dug into precisely what the computer is or isn't doing in order to know what the potential benefits might be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: