No start

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Joshpath

No start

Postby Joshpath » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:24 pm

My 2006 Nissan Pathfinder has electrical, current but does not start you hear click down at the starter, but does not fire up. I just happened yesterday, I attacked the negative cables, to the battery, the fuse, the crankshaft and a camshaft those are the last things I worked on before the failed no start any advice for you guys are removing the starter or checking the starter before removal hit me up.
Or can it be something else such as a fuel pump any advice I will take from you guys love you guys and galls all and talk to you all later

ssobol

Postby ssobol » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Does it crank and not fire, or does it not do anything?

Mine would crank and crank but still not start. Turned out to be a bad battery and the voltage to the ECM was dropping too low. Apparently the motor can crank at a pretty low battery voltage, but the ECM won't work.

Replacing the battery fixed it. Watch the voltmeter when you crank. If it drops a lot then you need a new battery IME.

Joshpath

Postby Joshpath » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:45 pm

No crank, however you can here a click from the starter, when going underneath

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”