Howdy from Texas

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

RedK9

Howdy from Texas

Postby RedK9 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

About a year ago I started realizing it was about time I replaced my good gas mileage Pontiac Vibe with something that didn't get good gas mileage.
I wanted a mid size SUV that was body on frame, and no unibody.
I initially was focused on a 2005-2010 Toyota 4Runner and had zero interest in the Pathfinder.
But then one day I happened across a URL that mentioned Arctic Trucks.
After a little more research I found a Nissan Navara SUV outfitted with Icelandic
fender flares and whoa I was floored with how sexy that Navara looked.
Next I found a Nissan R51 with those same sexy fender flares and I was Sold.
After that I realized it was going to be a 2010 to 2012 R51 or nothing.
I took the plunge on July 16th 2019 and got a 2011 Pathfinder LE with every option except 4-wheel drive and GPS.
Several days after the purchase I started realizing that I needed to find a forum
that was dedicated to the pathfinder because I have lots of aftermarket plans and I needed somewhere to field my questions. I am happy to be here..
I also just joined another forum for Pathfinders but do not feel I have liberty to post the info unless Moderators or Admin or SYSOP say I am approved..

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:12 pm

We're glad to have you here at The Nissan Path and the R51 group is usually pretty active. As far as:

"I also just joined another forum for Pathfinders but do not feel I have liberty to post the info unless Moderators or Admin or SYSOP say I am approved.."

I don't have an issue with it, but it's not my site. As long as the information is relative to our vehicles, I don't see anyone having a problem with it. Sharing of useful information is always encouraged, even if it's from another forum. In addition to my participation on this site, I also moderate at NissanForums.com and belong to ClubFrontier.org (I have a 2003 Frontier in addtion to my Pathfinders) and NissanHelp.com. The only thing we frown upon is "spam," which many of the moderators here do our best to eliminate as quickly as possible.

RedK9

Postby RedK9 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:46 am

For those that don't know what I meant when I said sexy fender flares, well here are a few images of them on an R51..

As you can see that they look so good that they actually look factory made.
The company that makes them is based out of Iceland, and a complete set of them costs around $1200.00

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:32 am

Damn, those do look pretty good. Makes it look rugged + sporty at the same time. It essentially puts the 'sport' in SUV as corny as that sounds. Do you happen to have the name of that company. I wouldn't mind looking them up.

RedK9

Postby RedK9 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Fiberglass fender flares online store
Fjallasport specializes in fiberglass fender flares for almost all 4×4 trucks and SUV’s in the world. If you don’t find your vehicle make or model contact us at [email protected] for availability. We ship all over the world.
https://www.fjallasport.is/
https://www.fjallasport.is/

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”