2018 inconsistent starting

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Drmrm

2018 inconsistent starting

Postby Drmrm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:07 am

HI,

I've got a 2018 PF that has inconsistent starting problems. It's been to the dealer and they can't replicate the problem so can't fix it.

Hopefully someone here has had the same problem and knows hows to fix it.

About a month ago it acted like the battery was dead and there was either a slight clicking noise, or nothing at all happened when you press the start button. However, the lights work, fans work, etc. I initially thought this was a battery issue so had AAA come jump the battery. The car started right up, but all the diagnostics they (and later the dealer) did said the battery was fine, both with no load and a load. The day after the jump start the same thing happened. After it wouldn't start my wife got in the car to try to start it, moved the seat and it started right up. At that point we took it to the dealer, but they couldn't replicate the problem and after keeping it for about a week trying to see if they could replicate it, gave it back without doing anything.

We had the same exact issue two days ago, acting like a battery issue. it wouldn't start initially. My wife moved the seat, it started. Later that day, it wouldn't start again, tried the seat thing, no joy. Opened and closed the window, it started.??????

While this happens the dashboard blinks on and off, the GPS plugged into the cigarette lighter goes on and off, the speakers in the radio pop loudly, it says something about the key not found even if the fob is held on the starter button...(battery in the fob is fine).

Here's a link to a video of what happens:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kNDPd ... y2EUc_2EoC

Return to “R52 Electrical”