The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Programming Remote Key Fob?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dyna1450

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Programming Remote Key Fob? Reply with quote

Anyone know the proceedure for programming a new key fob. I am thinking of buying one from e-bay: $14.99 vs. almost $80.00 at the dealership!!!

thanks![/b]
Gray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Programming Remote Key Fob? Reply with quote

dyna1450 wrote:
Anyone know the proceedure for programming a new key fob. I am thinking of buying one from e-bay: $14.99 vs. almost $80.00 at the dealership!!!

thanks![/b]

Page BL66 here;

http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51/Service/BL.pdf

dyna1450

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Thanks very much for the info and the link. Most excellent!!
cnparts1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Programming instructions Reply with quote

I got this from
http://www.courtesyparts.com/

ID CODE ENTRY PRODCEDURE

Step 1) Sit in drivers seat, close and lock all doors.

Step 2) Insert key into and remove it from ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

NOTE:
Withdraw key completely from ignition key cylinder each time.
If procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter registration mode.

Step 3) Insert key into ignition key cylinder and turn to ACC position.

Step 4) Push any button on remote controller once. (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 5) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
A maximum of four ID codes may be entered. If more then four ID codes are entered,
the oldest ID code will be erased.
If you do not want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes, go to Step 9).

Step 6) ADDITIONAL ID CODE ENTRY
Lock all doors with LH (driver side) lock/unlock switch
(in main power window and door lock/unlock switch).

Step 7) Push any button twice on remote controller once, (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

Step Cool Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
If so, unlock doors then repeat Step 6) and Step 7).

Step 9) When complete, open door, and check operation of remote.
TXFinder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Programming instructions Reply with quote

cnparts1 wrote:
I got this from
http://www.courtesyparts.com/

ID CODE ENTRY PRODCEDURE

Step 1) Sit in drivers seat, close and lock all doors.

Step 2) Insert key into and remove it from ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

NOTE:
Withdraw key completely from ignition key cylinder each time.
If procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter registration mode.

Step 3) Insert key into ignition key cylinder and turn to ACC position.

Step 4) Push any button on remote controller once. (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

Step 5) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
A maximum of four ID codes may be entered. If more then four ID codes are entered,
the oldest ID code will be erased.
If you do not want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes, go to Step 9).

Step 6) ADDITIONAL ID CODE ENTRY
Lock all doors with LH (driver side) lock/unlock switch
(in main power window and door lock/unlock switch).

Step 7) Push any button twice on remote controller once, (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

Step Cool Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
If so, unlock doors then repeat Step 6) and Step 7).

Step 9) When complete, open door, and check operation of remote.

Anyone had luck with this procedure? I spent about fifteen minutes and couldn't get step 2 to work. My hazards never flashed. I was using an original key from an original keyfob. In and out rapidly many many times. Then slowly many times. Never a flash from the hazards. Suggestions??
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me every time. I'm not sure why it's not working for you? It wouldn't work if you have the Nissan Intelligent Key system, but I don't remember if it was available on the 2010 Pathfinder?
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Pagaresav

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your year, make, & model vehicle. Some car key fobs are self programmable and others require a professional to program them.

Self programming a key fob can be simple and difficult at the same time. The steps are simple enough, however the timing at which you do the steps can be tricky.
smithclarkson001

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Programming Remote Key Fob? Reply with quote

dyna1450 wrote:

thanks![/b]

try https://www.reddit.com/r/CarHacking/ , they will likely have way more knowledge than anyone here.

that said, push button ignition is not much different than a regular key, in that you push a button instead of turning a key. you need a receiver in the push button to receive the signal to start the car, which means you need to add a module no matter what. you could take your car and disable the electric locks, routing the signal for the locks, to the ignition circuit, but for full functionality, you need the full suite of controls available from the get go to even consider it.
redtube.vin
i performed an upgrade on a 68 nova, using a security system, with auxiliary functions, for lock, unlock, and start, because the security module had that functionality available, it was just a matter of connecting the right wires together to it. i am guessing your car doesnt have this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> General Automotive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: