Bypass question answered please

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

tommymonza

Bypass question answered please

Postby tommymonza » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:47 pm

!st off I want to say what a great site and how great it is that you guys are tipping off people about the radiator problems and finding easy affordable solution to cure it.

So this is my problem when i climb under my 08 pathfinder v6 le 4wd my rubber line does not come off the hard tranny tubes and go all the way across to the driver side of the lower radiator tank as i see in the vids so there is no way to loop the line after removal from the hard tube and connect it to the other passenger side of the tank to create a sealed loop for the lower radiator tank.

So this is how my transmission lines are routed right now and they appear factory.

A short rubber tube comes off the hard tranny tubes and does a short run to the bottom of the tank on the passenger side, Than a rubber hose comes off the bottom of the drivers side of the tank and disappears up behind the grill heading for the external cooler.Than another line appears from behind the grill on the passenger side from the cooler and attaches to the return hard tube line for the tranny.

Why is my plumbing route so different from what i see in the xterra vid on you tube and the diagrams drawn on this site?

Do i own some wierd bastard pathfinder?

Any replies are appreciated and once again thanks for a great site.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Bypass question answered please

Postby eieio » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:57 pm

tommymonza wrote:!st off I want to say what a great site and how great it is that you guys are tipping off people about the radiator problems and finding easy affordable solution to cure it.

So this is my problem when i climb under my 08 pathfinder v6 le 4wd my rubber line does not come off the hard tranny tubes and go all the way across to the driver side of the lower radiator tank as i see in the vids so there is no way to loop the line after removal from the hard tube and connect it to the other passenger side of the tank to create a sealed loop for the lower radiator tank.

So this is how my transmission lines are routed right now and they appear factory.

A short rubber tube comes off the hard tranny tubes and does a short run to the bottom of the tank on the passenger side, Than a rubber hose comes off the bottom of the drivers side of the tank and disappears up behind the grill heading for the external cooler.Than another line appears from behind the grill on the passenger side from the cooler and attaches to the return hard tube line for the tranny.

Why is my plumbing route so different from what i see in the xterra vid on you tube and the diagrams drawn on this site?

Do i own some wierd bastard pathfinder?

Any replies are appreciated and once again thanks for a great site.
welcome to The Nissan Path! :)
08 and later is different from the earlier models, therefore the method for the bypass is a bit different
if you use the search feature, you can probably find the info you are looking for
I'd be glad to clue you in, but both of my Pathfinders are 2005, and that is what I'm directly familiar with

tommymonza

Postby tommymonza » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 pm

OK thanks

After a little more research on here i came across the info that says the 08 is different and needs line added to make it work.

Thanks for the help

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 pm

well, i have v8 but i didn't think that was much different than the v6 when it comes to this

did you see my post on the subject? i didn't need any line, just a double ended barb and some clamps....

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9717

akley88

Postby akley88 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 am

doctahjones wrote:well, i have v8 but i didn't think that was much different than the v6 when it comes to this

did you see my post on the subject? i didn't need any line, just a double ended barb and some clamps....

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9717
i used a similar method to yours on my 08 except replaced the one line so i could secure the lines out of the way from potential snagging if i didnt have the skid plate on.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”