New tires today

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Captain
Sponsored Member

New tires today

Postby Captain » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Since the wife is now driving the PF for her DD I took off the BFG A/T Lt265/70r17E and replaced them with Yoko Geolandar P265/65-17 HT-s. She does all highway and city driving. The bfg with load E and with them being over sized the mpg was averaging only 14. Took it for a quick spin after and I forgot how nice of a ride the PF has and the mpg went back up to 18 city and 22 expressway. Very nice and comfortable tire so far with good snow traction for a AP tire

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:32 pm

A lot of folks don't realize the impact tires have on mpg. I've run a lot of big tires in my day and it was probably worth it back when I just goofed around off-road. Now I go off-road for work and just make due with the highway tires. Usually you can find a way and the comfort/mpg the 99% of the miles I'm on road is worth it. 20-25k miles a year the fuel adds up fast.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:13 pm

skinny2 wrote:A lot of folks don't realize the impact tires have on mpg. I've run a lot of big tires in my day and it was probably worth it back when I just goofed around off-road. Now I go off-road for work and just make due with the highway tires. Usually you can find a way and the comfort/mpg the 99% of the miles I'm on road is worth it. 20-25k miles a year the fuel adds up fast.
i would do the same. the main reason i run the size and type of tire i do is because i get reimbursed for gas, so mileage isnt much of an issue.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”