The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
96-99 pathfinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmclay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: 96-99 pathfinder Reply with quote

hey guy Im looking at fully loaded 96 to 98 pathfinders, is the any warnings and thing to look for mileage is 150,000-180,000
moymurfs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the tranny fluid (automatic). Make sure it's clean and red. Make sure there is no hesitation when it's shifted into all gears.
Check for rust around the front shock towers.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a recall currently in place for the strut towers, so check with Nissan for any "open" campaigns if you should buy it.
Keep in mind the timing belt is due every 105,000 miles. Exhaust rusting is common. Air bag control units are a common failure. Road test and check for the "death wobble" while driving, caused by worn or split rear suspension link bushings. Rear main seal and rear oil pan lip seal leaks are built in at the factory, it seems.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
bobmclay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smj999smj
I look at the last trend on here with buddy buying the 2001 model, that's kind of where I'm heading towards 2001-2004 I'm finding it hard to find them in good shape or shady dealers hiding things. I'm looking for leather heated seats for health reason found a 2001 with 191,000km (120,000miles) its a full load for 4500.00 Canadian. One more question is the qx4 drive train them and dose the 3.5l need premium fuel. how would the 3.5lL react to a hydrogen injection system I live on the BC south coast
bobmclay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I will pay for our aaa auto club 120.00 to fully look over it
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what your question is about the QX4, but it is essentially a luxury version of the Pathfinder and most of the drivetrain and mechanics are the same. Premium fuel is recommended on the VQ-series engines for maximum performance, but most do just fine on regular unleaded. I can't answer your question regarding the hydrogen injection system.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
bobmclay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was asking if the infinity was the same drive line... I was looking for heated seats witch the only way is to get leather. I bought at 2001 se I'm just getting a buddy's shop to put the heat seats in. It has at 110,000 miles on it mint shape. had the strut recall done before I picked it up and all leaks done for the coolant on tranny
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine would be the same. Transfer case will be different. Auto trans would be the same For a Pathy with full-time 4WD, but different for one that had part-time 4WD. I'm pretty sure the only one that had full-time 4WD was the LE-trim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: