which setting? rancho shocks with airlift 1000 question

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

bowtie

which setting? rancho shocks with airlift 1000 question

Postby bowtie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 am

So I took my 2006 4wd in cause I couldnt stand the factory ride anymore and my shop confirmed my rear shocks had blown out prob from bottoming out with the factory rear springs.

So I had my shop install rancho shocks and struts. They are the 9 way adjustable ones. How do I tell which ones I have? They installed all 4 corners set at 5 and installed the airbags with 10 psi in the rear.

Anybody else using this combo? I'm not lifted still factory ride height just couldnt stand being thrown around everytime I hit a bump.

Its alot nicer now then what it was. However with these northern roads they are still bumpy from the plows over winter. Can anyone advise on settings with shocks struts and psi in the rear with the bags? I'm not looking to dive into a pot hole and not feel it and not saying its harsh when I hit a bump but wondering if I should go a little softer.

Opinions are welcome thanks

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 pm

That's about my current setup except for Bilstein HD's in front. I keep the rear at 6-7 psi unloaded...prevents bottoming out without getting too stiff. Above 12 psi or so and it starts to feel like the rear is oversprung compared to the front.

Keeping the shocks in the middle seems fine but I've got mine maxed out for the road. Really like it that way on the highway. I think if I were in rutted out snow covered roads again I'd leave it on five though.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”