2013 path smells like antifreeze leak

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

edward

2013 path smells like antifreeze leak

Postby edward » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 pm

I got this car in 2013.last summer, I noticed a slight smell of antifreeze outside the car after normal warmed up driving.The smell persisted and I noticed the overflow level was dropping.The dealer pressure tested, visual checked things.Told me everythings good.Said it could be normal circulation from the overflow.In regular driving? Ok, whatever.Thru winter I pretty much forgot about it.The overflow level has stayed the same.Now warmer weather is back, along with the smell.I pretty much baby the car and rarely drive it hard so was wondering if I should try rattling cages up the corpoate ladder to get this resolved before im out of warranty.Im at 12, 000 miles now.This car has also had problems with the climate controls being dead on very cold mornings.They are getting back to me on that fix after they get approval to replace the control head.Any suggestions how to proceed? Thanks guys.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:10 am

I'd try taking it to a different Nissan dealer. There are some bad ones out there. I'd say that you definitely have something going on there.

edward

Postby edward » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:19 am

3rd time back to the dealer now for the smell and seeing the level slowly drop.they put some dye in the radaitor and said come back when the level drops.guess ill have to check the head gaskets myself geez.buyin a different brand next time.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:51 pm

It wouldn't be a bad idea to call Nissan customer service and complain. They'll start a report and it'll serve as documentation that the problem existed before you went out of warranty. They might also get a service rep involved. Their # is 1-800-NISSAN-1

edward

Postby edward » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:13 pm

I did talk to someone at the dealersip about my problem with my inoperable heater controls.I finally sent them a cell phone vid showing it wasn't working sometimes.They were right on it after that.Ill find out if its fixed when it gets really cold.The antifreeze problem,ill see what happens after the level drops,since they marked the overflow.they filled it once before but don't seem to remember.I do have all of the service receipts from the beginning.Too bad I cant record a smell.thanks for the suggestion.Ed.

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”