The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Is lugnut security kit standard on 2014 Pathfinder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrophilus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Is lugnut security kit standard on 2014 Pathfinder? Reply with quote

I noticed this morning that my '14 Pathfinder has wheel locks installed, and there is no key anywhere in the vehicle (not in glove compartment, not in toolbag, not in center console).

When I got the vehicle, I noticed vibrations in steering wheel at around 45-80mph.

I took it back to dealer (had only 180 miles on it). I asked if the front wheels could be put on a high-speed balancer and checked...

The ended up RETORQUING the front axel "to factory specs". I asked if they checked the tire for out of balance, they said, "It wasn't necessary".

I wanted to ask them if they knew about Occam's razor, but I didn't think they'd understand me.

The vibration is still there, and so with a large sigh, I decided to go outside and swap tires from rears to fronts (which is what I thought they would do to check if they didn't want to put it on a balancer).

So with a loud sigh, I went out to my driveway and decided to swap back wheels with front wheels and see if the vibrations go away (I noticed that I have to do trouble shooting by myself at home before presenting my findings at the dealer, and lately, the service guys there are too eager to disagree with me, and they REFUSE to do simple tests, choosing more elaborate options).

ANyway, I wanted to know if other '14 pathfinder owners have the wheel lock STANDARD?
'14 Pathfinder SL AWD
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure, but I went to Nissanusa.com and did a quick build on a few different trims, and the wheel locks are an accessory you can purchase.

Did you buy your pathfinder new? If so, do you still have the window sticker? That should list what came on the vehicle.

If you don't, some dealerships will help you find a build sheet for your pathfinder.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
JayArras

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dealer tried to charge me $60 for the wheel locks. It was even pre-printed on all of their invoices. It took insistence for them to finally remove them. They claimed that it was because they were experiencing wheel theft from the cars on their lot.

Who steals Pathfinder wheels? Question

You were probably charged for them somewhere.
pyrophilus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complained to dealer, they installed NEW nissan wheel locks, gave me the white plastic bag with nissan logo on it, the key, and four regular lugs. They didn't charge me.
'14 Pathfinder SL AWD
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I don't see that happening very often.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: